Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing #3

Blogger really is easy to use and set up. I found one part that wasn't as clear to me as the rest. After I posted, I noticed a typo-- so I went in and in the process of editing it, I saved it as a draft. Then when it was finished, I had trouble finding the right place to get the draft then to be published. I could get the draft to appear, but couldn't find a publish button anywhere on that screen. So I just copied and pasted it like a new post and fixed it that way. I know there is an easier way. Got a suggestion?
In the process, I also learned how to do an edit the right way-- it took a little "playing around" to discover how that worked.
The avatar, on the other hand, was just way too much fun and I spent way more time than necessary on it. I saved some extra things in my favorites so it will be quick and easy later to change myself as the season and mood move me.
I haven't been commenting, but have read quite a few of the blogs of the other players, and that has been intersting. Wow-- you can really spend a lot of time just "playing around" with this, can't you? I can see how people can get really hooked on blogging.

4 comments:

VWB said...

I knew you would blog in a garden...even down to the title!

Grendel said...

Yes, it is so interesting to read about what others do and think! I had fun with my avatar, too!

mmin said...

I loooovvvveeeddd your avatar. I think it is soooo cute. What I would like to hear from you is how you see using this in the library - of have you thought about this much at this point. I can see some really great connections to classrooms with the teacher blogging and summation at the end of the day, bluebonnet books with the librarian blogging as she reads through a book and students who are reading with her join in, or something as simple as a blog for the library where the librarian comments on her favorite books or books that she thinks students might be interested in. I can see the librarian forshadowing areas of study that sthe students are about to be involved in and making comments in the blog that students might want to try to find out about before they get into that subject matter as a preview or even a review. Teachers could do that as well.

I hope that you have fun with the blogging. Are you thinking about using it with your students?

coco said...

As with everything, the more you use it the more friendly it becomes. I, too, had trouble correcting errors with spelling, punctuation, and other writing mistakes. I finally managed to figure it out and am a little more relaxed knowing that I can correct mistakes that I have made while writing .
Any yes, reading all of these blogs can use up a 24 hour day.