Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thing #5


Flicker is a wonderful additional resource for pictures! Although Flicker didn't have the large numbers of photos that you may find on Google, I was pleasantly surprised with the clarity and quality. I'm sure it will grow in time. I loved having a larger thumbnail format to preview. I did not see any inappropriate photos as I searched through some science and social studies topics, as well as some topics of interest to me personally. I found the keyword searches to be fairly accurate and specific considering all of the different sources adding photos. I can see many applications for even the younger students where these pictures will be easily used-- especially photo story. I am curious to see how some of these will work when projected in activboard flip charts for teaching purposes. Anyone tried that? And would you save it as a different size to get good clarity when it is projected?
This photo is the Blue Morpho Butterfly-- one of the largest and most popular butterflies we have at the butterfly center where I volunteer.

No comments: