Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing #8-- RSS Feed

The first and most obvious advantage to feeds is that it will save time and hopefully help sort through some of the vast amount of stuff out there to zero in on topics that are most important or needed in a timely manner. I subscribed to some feeds and blogs from SBISD people that looked interesting, and those they shared for professional development or ideas to try for the library. I am sure I will go through later to sort some out and add others. I then subscribed to about 6 for me personally-- gardening of course. As I was searching-- a feed came in about the fire at Cornelius Nursery-- one of my favorite places to plant shop:(
I like reading the feeds and blogs because they are short and sweet-- I don't have much time to sit at the computer each day-- so it is more like just picking up a quick magazine or newspaper article to browse. Now-- off to the gym!

No comments: