Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thing #7

Google tools have really come a long way since I used some of them last. Several tools looked useful to me as a professional-- the notebook to gather information and the docs pages to share with others. I would be cautious to do the alert because I am afraid I would get many more emails than I could handle reading right now.
I looked closer into the advanced searches to find powerpoints in curricular or literary areas. I was pleasantly surprised to find some useful ones for elementary levels! I set up an account in picasa to upload some family history photos that I had scanned previously. I have it set to only share with my family.
But Google Earth I think has so many possibilities for geography and science-- even math. I have used it a bit with the activboard and it lends itself nicely. I was able to zoom in so much on our school that I could see the butterfly outline of our garden in the school courtyard.

No comments: