Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing # 17 Rollyo

http://rollyo.com/dstutsman/sbe_library/
http://www.rollyo.com/editroll.html

Talk about customized one stop shopping! I had the basic idea of rollyo by reading about it, but the video was invaluable in really understanding it, and so clear about setting it up quickly and easily. I wanted to make a rollyo that would be useful to students (and me) for research. I can post the link on my library web page for even easier access and one stop shopping. I saw that someone else had rolled all of the biography sites on the Library Resource Page into one rollyo, and I thought that was a terrific idea. That saves so much time and confusion especially for younger students going back and forth. So I did a springboard off of that great idea, and rolled all of the Texas sites off of the Library Resource page into one rollyo tagged Texas. I then did the expolore option to see what others had added to their search rolls. I saw many of the same ones we had, and a few more good websites that I will add later when I have more time to actually go in and look through them for content.

No comments: