Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing # 10 Image Generators






Wow --are there a ton of image generators out there for free. Some are hidden in and around adds, and you have to sort through some that aren't free. But I loved the long list on the Custom Sign Generator website.
Comic Strip Generator was fun and easy to use. I made some extra ones to use on a bulletin board next year. I also made a few signs to use later with reading slogans. I discussed the Big Huge Lab on a previous post-- easy and fun with lots of possibilities for home and school. I loved the Image Chef. I can see many personal uses for all of these, and some for school. Students love graphic novels and comics. Teachers could pick some comic or sign templates to spice up or add humor to a lesson or presentation. These could also be used for students to come up with a saying to go with the template to add to research projects, creative writing, or something that applies to any unit or content studied. And then there are all of the generators that enhance digital images students could take themselves-- that really opens up the endless possibilities for creativity in learning and teacher use. I can add some of these features to jazz up my library website, too.







5 comments:

Alex Rover said...

I really liked the images that you posted on your blog. Where did you find them? I was overwhelmed looking through all the possibilities.

MLA said...

I enjoyed seeing the images you selected. We seem to be thinking of the same things this summer.

fsm said...

It was fun looking at your various images. Great idea to post one or two on your library website. Blog about it when you do and add a link so we can have a peek! :-)

Nice Guy said...

Just warn the students that there are so many choices that it can be time consuming.

www.CustomSignGenerator.com alone has thousands (would take thousands of minutes to try them all out).

bookworm gardener said...

alex rover...
I found the butterfly images using flicker. The comic strip ones are on ComicStripGenerator.com under librarian and the happy face collections. Imagechef.com is the one I used for the beach Summer Reading picture.