Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing # 20 Videos

">
Searching through these streaming vidoes from You Tube can be a lot of fun and take a lot of time. I did a search for libraries in You tube, and it ran the gambit of fun summer reading programs, author visits, serious presentations and philosophies related to libraries-- some very amateur and some professionally created-- many enjoyable and interesting. I enjoyed some of the videos that gave a tour of a particular library-- this may be something I would like to create in the future. I especially enjoyed this renovation preview at the Library of Congress, which makes me want to take another trip to Washington, DC to see this amazing building.


I found this short and easy tutorial on student bookmaking. As the video states, these books can be adapted to use for creative writing, or student publishing of any content area or research. It could also be a student made journal. Quick, easy, and cheap. Check it out!

What a wealth of talent, information, and creativity is found in these videos sources!


1 comment:

VWB said...

and isn't it a shame how they get such bad press and so many people will not use them for that reason! I think we will be able to show lots of people their value now that all the players have found so many good ideas