Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing # 19 2.0 Awards List

I found a great little tool that won 1st place under organization in the web 20 awards! It's called backback, and it is exactly what I need since I am a monster paper list maker and love to browse office supply stores for items and gadgets that help me stay organized. I am great about making the paper lists, adding things, and then getting that gratification by marking off tasks completed. The problem is that I want all items on the same list, it gets really lengthy and messy, and I invariably end up with a list, and then a bunch of sticky notes stuck to it or the library circulation desk. That drives me crazy and I start all over re-writing the list.
This great little tool has everything I need in one free place. You just click a tab to create "to do lists", add notes of any kind, and then check off items when done. You can make dividers and add tags to help keep items seperate. You can upload files, and it has a picture gallery so you can insert pictures or maps -- then click to see them full size. I think this is just the inspiration to energize me to get things going for all of the tasks I have to do to get the library ready for the new year.
I will also use the shared group calendar. Other features include adding, viewing, and editing shared pages, reminders sent by email of meetings, etc., a message board and centralized group communications, and more.
Try it out and see what you think.
http://backpackit.com/tour

1 comment:

DAL said...

I will check out backback. I missed that one. I, too, am a listmaker, and a sticky note sticker, and this sounds just up my alley. Thanks for the tip.