Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thing # 14 Technorati

Technorati is a neat tool to use to help make some more specific searches of blogs, videos, etc. I looked up a topic of interest to me-- butterfly gardening. Just searching blogs including these words resulted in 1, 745 entries-- way too many for me to sort through even for pleasure reading. When I did an advanced search with exact keywords, it gave 66 possibilities with 4 videos, and with tags, it gave 36 blogs with the same 4 videos--much more managable! The "most popular" section is really not my thing, but I know other people that really get into checking places like this daily. I was a bit distracted by moving adds on some of the locations in Technorati, but I guess that is inevitable at times. When I looked at a School Library 2.0 search, I found lots of entries for the new "All Together Now --Web 2.0" the 23 things that was launched by School Library Journal recently. Seems like we are all on the same page trying to stay up to speed with all of the possibilities of Web 2.0.

No comments: