Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing # 12 Commenting

I was glad to see some policies or guidelines set out that could be easily adapted to younger students-- and some suggestions for what to do when you have the DC try to disrupt your blog.
The most important points I think I will emphasize and model with my students will be:
1. Discuss and agree kindly
2. Ask questions and keep it open ended so everyone can participate equally
3.Set boundaries with policies and example of acceptable commenting
4.Reward comments through responses and features/highlights
5. Encourage positive participation for fun for all
As a relative newbie to blogs, I too have been reading more that commenting. But I have enjoyed the comments I have received and tried to answer all of those asking a question. Although I enjoy writing, reading, and commenting on blogs, I do have to admit, though, that this is taking much more time than I ever thought it would-- and I am so glad I chose to do it in the summer. I think the best thing that has come from it is the ideas and information gained from other teachers and librarians playing this summer. I am also going to look at the blogs of the graduates for more ideas. I was happy to fing 2 blogs of particular interest in gardening that I know I will read on a weekly basis for fun.

No comments: