Sunday, October 25, 2009

Thing #4 You Tube, Teacher Tube, School Tube

I have previously searched, viewed, and enjoyed videos from Teacher and You Tube for professional and personal reasons, but had never uploaded a video. So here is one of a group my husband plays with. (He is the 4th one in the first row)


I really had not taken a good look at School Tube until now. I thought I would take a quick look to see an overview... wrong!... 2 hours later...I stopped because I had to go somewhere. There was so much I wanted to look at. I found several videos I could use at school right now with classes-- a program by a wildlife group with real birds of prey, a time lapse video of a monarch caterpillar pupating before your eyes, a great video to show my music teacher of kids doing a drum circle, and a cool project a student made on the 10 most dangerous animals-- a real boy pleaser! I also found this funny one posted below as I explored School Tube-- and I only made it through about 6 pages worth! I also loved a video in the technology section where a teacher taped himself leading kids through the processes of doing a lesson on computer-- he was absent and had a sub, but was still able to have his class go on with the instruction he would have normally done on that day! There was also a comment by another teacher that she was so happy to have School Tube because she was told there was not enough room on her district servers to store her student's work. I found this one in the technology section--need a giggle? Check it out!

No comments: