Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing # 22 Nings

I looked at the two Teacher Librarian Nings and saw a few people I knew! I liked the fact that you could "watch and read" those without having to register. I'm not sure I want to join a group, but I enjoyed reading some of the discussions, questions/answers for library situations, and reading about librarians and where they are. I loved the group that encourages librarians to post their blogs there-- that seems like a good way to find some great librarian blogs. I can now see exactly why it is called "social networking"-- it can be very social and a great way to network with others in your field or interest. I looked up a few groups on gardening, and found that most of them don't have more than 1 or 2 people-- some only the person that set it up. A & M had only 19 people, and their info said that Nings were not used much yet. But searching Texas brought up 66 screens of Nings-- many of them high school alumni groups. Quite a few were still in the process of being set up. I wonder how much time they will have to develop before some other form of social networking comes along to take their place.

No comments: