Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing # 23 Summary

Even though I got off to a slow start, I was determined to finish by August 1st, so I have a whole week to lay around and eat bon bons before returning to a new school year. What was I thinking??? I still have a bunch of review books to read this summer. OK... so I will multi-task -- read while lying around eating bon bons.
This was much more of a time consuming journey than I had planned, but it was fruitful and necessary-- and mostly fun. This is probably one lifelong learning project that I would have put off this summer if it had not been required. I was surprised how much was packed into each Thing. Some of them had quite a few parts to look at and act upon.
My favorites and those I feel will be most useful and used by me were:
image generators, Rollyo, wikis, Delicious, Flicker toys and mashups, Shelfari, Photostory, TeacherTube and U Tube, google docs, making my avatar, and blogging in general. There was so much! Having us blog about each thing, inserting pictures and products each time, really has taken all of the fear out of blogging, and has made it really fast to do. I will definitely transform this blog into a library blog next year.
Thanks to the kickball catains--Please leave the Library2play site up all year so we can refer back to it while we start to apply all of these things in real life.
If more Things are offered later, I think it would be nice to introduce maybe 10 things at a time per semester or summer. It was quite a daunting task at the beginning and there would be no way I could have done it during the school years. I can't imagine trying to do all of the original "43 Things" in a row. I would participate in a shorter online version to explore more of Web 2.0 or similar technology applications for the library.

My quote:
Make your own free clipart like this @ www.TXT2PIC.com with free web based tools (hundreds of image generators that run through a web broswer, no software to buy or install).
Made with free image tools @ TXT2PIC.com

2 comments:

VWB said...

Hip hip hooray! you did it! glad to hear we will get to follow you around thru the blog.
yes the L2P will remain pretty much "forever" and your cartoon really does sum it up...it's only a begining!

fsm said...

You transformed your blog into a blooming garden full of great ideas and colorful comments. Congratulations on your metamorphosis into a 23 Things Summer Graduate!