Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thing # 9 Slideshare

My 3 favorites of this type of tool was Slideshare, authorSTREAM and 280 slides --these sites are really chocked full of presentations teachers could use with students, students could access on their own for information, or places to store and publish their powerpoints.

I found some really great presentations on countries, nature, and current issues like glaciers and global warming on slideshare-- some beautiful photography with great quality. I also liked the feature that gave you other presentations related to the one you searched.

VWB-- in slideshare, I found a great one called Ranitas/Frogs of the Forest. Check out the previous post above.

I liked the features that Joyce Valenza pointed out about authorSTREAM-- all audio uploads in 1 file, full screen with good quality, and PPTs being able to be converted from PPTs to video files for easy sharing on iPods, YouTube, etc.

I'm glad I found LibrarianInBlack.net. I will have to checkout more topics there. I really thought the 280 slides looked very useful for our students who have internet at home--but outdated versions of PPT or no PPT at all. This will be a great help for those students to be able to create and work on projects and presentations at home, school, or the public library-- no matter what desktop applications they have that might limit them at home. And I think it is always a thrill for them to actually publish their work or share it easily-- and see the creative and professional aspects of other presentations online, also.

No comments: